How gabions works
- Timber noise barrier – It has too many gaps that allow noise to pass through, thus, timber noise barriers effect actually micro for noise blocking.
- Hedge noise barrier – Noise can pass through, over and under hedges easily, so that it blocks less noise than any other barriers, but it has a more pleasing appearance.
- Corrugated iron barrier – it is too thin to block most noise. Normally, eighty percent of road noise may pass through the barrier directly.
- Block/brick barrier – Smooth surface makes most of noises being bounced back into the environments instead of reducing the noise.
- Class A galvanized hexagonal woven or welded gabions.
- PVC coated hexagonal woven gabions are also available.
- Hexagonal woven gabion – 80 × 100 mm meshes with 2.7 mm diameter.
- Welded gabion – 75 × 100 mm meshes with 3.15 mm diameter
- Lacing wire is 2.2 mm for both woven and welded gabions
- Infill rock size – 100–250 mm, unweathered, with rock density of minimum 2.6 t/m3.
- Rock infill should be infilled manually reduce any spaces where sounds can pass through.
- High strength
Normally, gabion noise barriers are mounted at an accurate calculated spacing and supported by vertical posts for higher strength. Normally, this spacing is determined by various factors, such as topography, design wind velocities and wall height, etc.
- Dense filling material
Dense filling materials with less gaps and holes efficiently prevent noise passing through the barrier directly.
- Superb noise blocking
Rugged surface of gabion noise barrier effectively makes traffic noise to be diffused and reduced. As an acoustic wall, gabion noise barriers also can efficiently control, absorb and reduce the noise to the largest extent. For example, noise from a large truck is about 85db, a gabion wall in thickness of 1m can reduce 60db comparing with others as shown in the right picture.
- High versatility.
Gabion noise barrier is generally mounted along highways and roads to reduce traffic noises, meanwhile, it can be used as veneers and cladding for sound insulation and interior & exterior decoration.
- Easy assembly & longevity
Our gabion noise barriers can be assembled quickly and easily without the needs of skilled workers and large equipment. Meanwhile, all the gabion noise barriers are heavily galvanized after welding to ensure they are extremely resistant to rust and corrosion. PVC coating in various colors is also available to suit your projects. Thus, they can be used for years requiring little even no maintenance.